One of the most embarrassing things to deal with has to be gum stuck in your hair. There is no way of telling someone you have gum stuck in your hair without them laughing at you. Now it is something which is not as hard as you think it is to take out of your hair, and no, you don’t have to cut off your hair to get gum out of your hair, unlike what you have heard for a long, long time.
So before you go all tense and serious and resort to cutting off your hair just because you have gum stuck in your hair, hear us out because we have some tricks up our sleeves to solve this problem.
Tricks to help you Discard Gum from your Hair!
1. Use Peanut Butter
The thing about peanut butter and gum in common is that they are both composed of sticky elements.
- Apply peanut butter over the sticky gum and leave it for some time in your hair.
- The gum will lose its stickiness because of being combined with peanut butter.
- The quantity depends on the amount of gum stuck to your hair; make sure the peanut butter covers the gum in your hair completely.
2. Oil can be a Rescue Option!
The oil could be vegetable oil, coconut oil, or olive oil to get gum out of your hair.
- Apply the oil to the area where the gum is stuck to your hair and leave it for quite some time.
- Oils also have the property of being hydrophobic. If you mix oil in the water, you will see both separatings.
- You will see that the gum will lose its stickiness when combined with oil because of its properties.
3. Vinegar is one Solution!
The good thing about using vinegar to remove gum from your hair is that it is not that messy as the rest.
- You can pour the area covered in gum into the bowl or cup of vinegar in it.
- You can either pour vinegar on the area covered in gum stuck to your hair.
- But in this case, you will have to be careful that the vinegar does not reach your eyes or the scalp.
4. Rub some Ice!
If you feel as if peanut butter or oils are too messy to handle because of their stickiness, then you can go for something cold and unproblematic like ice.
- Apply an ice pack to your hair in the area where the gum is stuck to your hair and leave it for some time.
- You can either wrap your hair with ice in a piece of cloth and leave it till the ice melts completely.
- It is advisable to use this method only if a small amount of gum is stuck to your hair.
5. Toothpaste can Clean the Gum from Your Hair!
Other than just using toothpaste for cleaning your teeth, you can use toothpaste to remove gum stuck to your hair.
- Apply the toothpaste to the area where the gum is stuck to your hair and leave it for quite some time.
- The thing with toothpaste is that it has cooling properties, so it makes the gum nonsticky.
- Though the toothpaste itself has a strong smell, so you have to be careful about the smell left in your hair.
6. Toothbrush can be your Saviour Kit!
All the things that we mentioned that could help you lose the gum stuck to your hair need some tool to scrape it out.
- A toothbrush will help you to scratch and scrape the gum from the surface of your hair.
- Make sure you use a clean, dry, unused toothbrush and never use it again!
- The toothbrush will scrape against the gum and help you get rid of it stuck to your hair.
- You might need to wash your hair off at the end of it.
Accidents can occur at any moment and any time, so we have to be ready to face that with ease. So these are some of the best solutions to get gum out of your hair. Check Out More Health And Lifestyle Tricks!