An undercut haircut is the new Trending sexy accessory for guys.
Thinking of getting a slicked back undercut, but can’t find answers to your indecisive questions? well, we have got you covered. We have gathered all the necessary information for you guys on the slicked-back undercut. Slicked back haircut fused with an undercut is the perfect haircut for anyone who is looking for a new style.
An undercut is probably the most versatile haircut, you can experiment with long, short, or medium-length hair in this particular haircut. It allows you to play with different hairstyles like long hair on top slicked back, short trimmed sides, wavy hair on top or short hair on top, etc. Pairing an undercut with slicked-back hair is the most classic way, making you look perfect for both casual and professional events.
Slicked back undercut is an ideal haircut for men with all hair types like thick, thin, curly, straight, or wavy. It goes well with both shaved and grown beard looks.
Let us dig deeper into the guide of slicked-back undercut haircuts.
What is a slicked-back undercut?
A slicked back undercut is a haircut in which the sides are shaved or trimmed very small while the hair on the top is longer in length so that it can be brushed backward. The slicked back undercut is a cool and modern hairstyle for men in which the sides and back have short hair as in an undercut paired with longer hair on top slicked back.
You can style it in many ways, experimenting with the hair length on the sides and back as suited for your face shape and you could always keep changing the style of hair on top. With the help of some hair styling products like pomade, you can have textured hair on top, wavy hair, etc to bring a variety to your hairstyles.
You can also pair your slicked back hairstyle with different kinds of undercuts such as traditional undercut, disconnected undercut, or undercut fade. Styling a slicked back undercut with a beard is the cherry on the top.
Slicked back undercut is the modern classic haircut that is sported by many men including celebrities like David Beckham, Brad Pitt, Chris Hemsworth, Hrithik Roshan, Ryan Reynolds and so many more.
Trending slicked back undercuts
Classic slick back undercut
The classic slick back undercut was first seen in the 1950s among American gangsters and mob men, a classic traditional slicked back undercut has combed flat hair with not much volume, and blends directly into the scalp.
A classic slick back undercut requires an oil-based pomade or a very strong hold pomade to create the shiny classic slick back undercut. This hairstyle also looks like a greaser haircut but requires long hair on the top. Actor Brad Pitt was seen sporting this hairstyle in his movie Fury.
Modern slick back undercut
Modern slick back undercut comes with many variations which makes it look edgy, fashionable, and casual at the same time. The modern slick back undercut has a high volume of hair on the top and can be carried with many variations.
Some of the variations in modern slick back hair with the heavy volume on top include slick back undercut with shaved designs on the sides and back, slick back with a soft quiff, with V-shape undercut, with a bald undercut, fully shaved sides, etc.
Textured slick back undercut
The textured slick back undercut is the perfect undercut hairstyle for people with wavy or curly hair. For textured undercuts, you can use any matte finish hair product to manage the volume and height on the top of the head. You have more room to play with your hair in this hairstyle, you can leave your hair messy and give it a fuller cool look.
Some strands of hair can be styled coming out from the sides to add a little more playfulness to the hairstyle. You can add a v-shape line or shaved razor lines to have a modern touch. Usually, people opt for more hair volume in the front and at the top in this hairstyle.
Long slicked back undercut
Long hair works amazingly with slicked back undercut, it gives you a chance to show off your natural hair growth and your fringes. Men with long hair undercut can slick their hair back or to the side, brush it up and back or pull it forward and down as they desire. Long slicked back undercut gives you different styling options for each day.
This hairstyle is rather easy to maintain and style as compared to other slicked-back undercuts. A long slick back undercut looks best with a full or medium-grown beard. This hairstyle is extremely stylish and fashionable and is ideal for those who like long hair.
Short slicked back undercut
Slicked back undercut can also work well with short hair. To have a proper contrast you will have to get a very short undercut to match with your short hair on the top. Make sure your short undercut blends with the skin to have a proper look.
The bald undercut is one the of best options for short slicked back undercut.
Shave sides slicked back undercut
The undercut is of the same length as the sides and the back is shaved off, you can ask your barber for a zero number machine to trim your hair. Shaved sides have become very popular in recent times and are considered rebellious and hot.
You can go for shaved sides and a good volume of hair on the top.
How to get a slicked-back undercut?
- To get a slicked back undercut make sure your barber knows whether you want a short or long undercut and how long or short hair you want on the top.
- Keep in check that your undercut is even on all the sides and at the back.
- Get familiarized with the texture of your hair and invest in quality hair styling products that you will definitely need such as hair pomade and hair clay.
- Discuss with your hairdresser how long hair you will need for this hairstyle and what will suit your face.
- Get a layered haircut on the top if you are going for long hair on the top.
How to style slicked back undercut?
You can style slicked backed undercut with different types of undercut haircuts like a long undercut, fade undercut, or disconnected undercut.
You can style your hair slick back by using hair products to have them set slicked back or you could try a natural approach by constantly swiping it back and do it consistently. But, using a high-quality pomade is always the best option to keep your hair in a swept-back position.
To style your hair in this haircut you will have to dampen your hair preferably with hot water or a moist towel then use your desired product and rub it on your palms and apply it to your hair. Lastly use a comb or a hairbrush to slick your hair back. You can also use a hairdryer to blow dry your hair when swept back.
What do you need to style slicked back undercut?
You will be needing a few products and equipment in order to maintain your slicked back hairstyle.
- A high-quality pomade/ hairstyling mousse
- Comb/ hairbrush
- Blow dryer
- Moist towel
- Hair wax/hair clay
You can use any kind of hair pomade or wax suitable for your hair texture and whether you want a matte finish or shine finish. Different kinds of hair require different hair products like for thick, luscious hair you will need a strong, high-grade pomade, for wavy hair you would need a matte pomade for a natural look.
Hair products needed
- A stronghold hair pomade. where can you buy it? https://www.amazon.in/Man-Company-Sportivo-Styling-Pomade/dp/B07BLR4XSM/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=hair+pomade&qid=1626990201&sr=8-6
- Hair wax. Where can you buy it? https://www.amazon.in/Set-Wet-Sulphate-Alcohol-Paraben/dp/B08GLLSCWJ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2B0WAXDDK4OFR&dchild=1&keywords=hair+wax&qid=1626990483&sprefix=hair+wax%2Caps%2C575&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzQkw4SDA3UDdBU0Q1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTg2MzM4MjMwNzkzWUkzTjhYOCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODQ2NzI4Q0lSNlg1ME42WVlFJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
- Haie cream, where can you buy it? https://www.amazon.in/Arata-Zero-Chemicals-Hair-Cream/dp/B0797JYC4S/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=hair+cream&qid=1627129744&smid=AJZVRGJTZSSIP&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzN0Y4SERROUhRNlg3JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDIxOTM5M0pRR0NJVkFRVlJSQSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODcxNTczM0Y1RFE0WUtGVzBTOSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
- Hair clay, where to buy it? https://www.amazon.in/Beardo-Finish-Strong-Re-stylable-professionals/dp/B08PSVM1V8/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=hair+clay&qid=1627129860&sr=8-7
Some Tips to maintain your hairstyle
- Use good quality hair wax for textures and long hair.
- Get your undercut trimmed by a professional instead of doing it by yourself.
- Be sure to clean and condition your hair, you do not want dry hair.
- For people with thin hair or receding hairlines, go with a long slicked back hairstyle.
- Grow your hair for a couple of months before getting an undercut.
Slicked back undercut is trending for a good number of reasons, it can be the next perfect cool hairstyle for you. The hairstyle that started so many decades ago is now popular among Millenials giving them many options to work with and style with. Slicked back undercut looks amazing when paired with a beard and you can also add modifications to look apart. Make sure to use good-quality hair products and research a little bit before getting a haircut and discuss it with your barber beforehand.