Nowadays, skin issues are alarming for people, so they try to use different ways to overcome them. Some do work, but some of them don’t. In this article, you will know about a manual device used to make your skin tone and skin texture better, i.e. Derma roller. You will also know about the different ways in which you could clean Derma Roller.
The Insights into the Roller and all About it!
A-Derma Roller is a manual divide which is used to improve your skin quality. It is a cylindrical tool with a wheel attached to it; the wheel has hundreds of microneedles made of either titanium or stainless steel.
It is used to treat multiple skin disorder like –
- Acne scars
- Large pores
- Dark spots
- Fine lines
- Stretch marks
Confused on How to Use it?
Derma Rollers are of different types, depending upon their needle length.
- 0.25mm needle should be used daily
- 0.5mm needle should be used once or twice every week
- 0.75mm needle should be used by doctors, which show the best of results
The SSC Factor: Sterilize – Sanitize – Cleanse
It is essential to clean a Derma Roller before use as it can contain bacteria and dirt from your previous use. It could result in bacteria’s growth on your skin while you will use it for your skincare purpose. This may cause infection on your skin which is also termed as Derma Roller infection. Here are three ways you could clean your derma roller-
Sterilizing your Derma Roller is a Must!
This process involves six steps-
- Wash your Derma Roller in warm water for 3-4 seconds; this is done to remove any dead skin or dirt that might have come out of your skin
- Put your Derma Roller in a bowl filled with hydrogen peroxide, for sterilizing your Derma Roller
- It would help if you let your Derma roller soak appropriately for about an hour
- Again rinse it with warm water, but this time for about a minute
- Let it dry by keeping the roller upside down
- Finally, it would help if you put it into a container after it dries up so that no dust particle sticks to it. Thus steriliize your Derma Roller before using it!
Sanitize it with purification Tablets
This process involves five steps-
- Either uses special tablets or denture tablets to cleanse your Roller Sometimes, a tablet is given with the Derma roller to clean it, but if it is not given, you need to use a denture tablet. They are made for sterilizing your Derma Roller.
- You then need to pour water into a measuring beaker so that you could put the tablet in it and submerge the Roller into it for sanitizing it. Different tablets have different amounts of water requirements. If you have a tablet with the Derma roller, you will get an instruction with it, in which it will be written as to how much water must be poured for one tablet.
- Then you need to put one tablet into the beaker, and then the Derma Roller. The water with the tablet makes a sanitizing solution for cleaning your Derma Roller. It would help if you made sure that the entire derma roller is covered with the solution.
- Leave your derma roller in the solution for about 10 minutes. Make sure to read the instructions for every tablet has different requirements.
- Take it out of the solution, clean it with warm water and finally place it on a towel to dry it for about 10 minutes.
Other Efficient Cleaning Techniques
The above-listed steps are the most effective and most used ways of cleaning your derma roller. But there are many other ways, which involve lesser steps to clean your derma roller. Here are some of them-
- Keep your Roller in soap water for about 30 minutes to remove the blood or dead skin that might have come off while you were using the Roller. You need to keep the roller upside down in the water for a superficial cleaning of your Roller.
- Take a brush and brush off dirt or dead skin from the Roller’s needle part. As water cannot remove it from every needle, using a brush might help remove them without touching the needles.
- You can roll it over a clean sponge, which will help you remove the remaining debris on the Roller’s needles. Be sure to use a new sponge, as it will help you to avoid contaminating your face.
- Finally, the easiest way to clean your Derma Roller is to keep it in warm water for 10-20 minutes, and then let it dry for another 20 minutes. For drying, you can also use a paper towel for your Derma Roller.
So, these were some of the most comfortable and most efficient ways you could clean your Derma Roller. So why Waste Time? Its Cleaning Day!