We all have been through times where we are left wondering, “what exactly are we.” When you are lost and confused about where you stand with a person. The only way to know what you are is by knowing the difference between dating someone and being in a relationship with them. Once you find out the difference, you will save your heart from a fair amount of confusion and heartache.
Dating vs Relationship: A Battle of Emotions!
1. Do you feel She is the One?
The difference between dating and a relationship is the person you are with feels like “the one.”
- If you don’t feel like looking for other people and feel like this person is made for you, you are in a relationship with them.
- If you are still unsure about this person and feel like you are looking for more qualities in your partner, you are dating and not exactly thinking about the end game.
- Relationships are built on complete satisfaction with one another. You feel so complete with this one person that you are not interested in anyone else.
- When it comes to dating, you enjoy the present you have with this person, but any long-term thought with them doesn’t quite feel right to you.
2. Know the Clear Difference between Intimacy and Infatuation
There is quite a thin line between these terms regarding the difference between dating and relationships.
- Infatuation is the initial attraction you feel for someone of the opposite gender.
- We usually start dating someone when we feel infatuated with them; we like how they look, talk, or think.
- As time passes by, infatuation is bound to fade away since shallow doesn’t last long.
- That is when intimacy comes into place. Relationships are built upon mutual love and understanding, which leads to romance and making love.
- Dating involves surface-level sexual connections, which might not mean something deep or loving.
3. Have you seen both the Good and the Bad Side of Her?
We all know the process when we are on a first date with someone?
- We dress up the best way we can, our clothes, hair, shoes, everything is on point.
- Both of you sit in a friendly, fancy restaurant and talk about all nice and pleasant things about yourselves.
- When you are in a relationship, this is replaced by seeing each other’s face, first thing in the morning with no filter and still loving each other.
- When you are in a relationship, you aren’t afraid to showcase your ugly side, all the weird and uncool things about yourself.
- When it comes to dating, there is still a lot of pressure to appear “perfect” for one another because you both don’t love each other yet to be okay with the ugly side.
- Suppose you suddenly see the way they chew food and get annoyed by it, thinking you cannot be with them anymore, then that’s just the surface phase of dating, which expires with time.
4. Do you genuinely make Plans or just Hangout?
The difference between dating and relationships is reflected through your plans about meeting and hanging out with one another.
- When you are dating, the plans are always some fancy, exciting things.
- You plan whatever you do because there’s the pressure of being entertaining for one another.
- When it comes to a relationship, you both plan nothing. You both could be sitting next to each other in silence in your pajamas and still have the time of your lives.
- This happens because, in a relationship, you need nothing else other than each other’s company.
- When dating, there has to be constantly entertaining, fun activities and ideas to come up with. Otherwise, the spark will die, and it will all seem too dull.
5. Are you totally ready to make this Relationship Social?
Are you ready to flaunt them as yours to the whole world, or do you want to hide the fact that you are even with them at any cost?
- When you are dating someone, you subconsciously know that you aren’t up for a planned future. Hence, the people in your life, right from family and friends, don’t want to get their hopes high by introducing this person to them.
- When you are in a relationship, you are so proud to be with this person that you want to make sure everyone knows they are yours just for the sake that they don’t even try to separate you two.
- If you are dating, you might introduce them as your casual friend, whereas if you are in a relationship, you want to make them a part of your life and plans.
These were some of the apparent differences between dating and relationships. The next time you are grappled with the age-old confusion of “what exactly are we,” then rethinking these ideologies will help you figure out if you are in a relationship or just dating.
We know you sometimes get fully confused about what you are having with the girl? That’s why we want you to be absolutely clear about life and much more!“ ”